I saw The Hunger Games twice this weekend and it did NOT disappoint! The Capitol was just as I imagined it. And the hair! The clothes! I cannot fathom dressing over 500 extras. Insane!
- $30,000 of wigs were rented to test for Katniss' hair color since they wanted the perfect shade of brown on film.
- Stanley Tucci's wig was custom made and came in solid blue. Cherry had to add dimension to the color and was worried she would mess it up.
- Her favorite look to create was Octavia, one of Katniss' stylists. Her style isn't described a lot in the books, so she just had fun with it and gave her magenta hair!
- She only had 20 minutes to prep each extra.
- 75-100 Capitol extras had their own hair colored for the film. All the rest wore wigs.