Entries in tutorial (8)
I've tried a few different tutorials on doing gradient nails so I decided to try it for myself! Using my sister as a guinea pig (thanks Sis!), I used a messy, but cool technique with a makeup sponge.
- Paint your nails a base color. Since you'll be sponging on the polish, the color isn't as intense as painting. You'll definitely need something as a "background".
- Choose your colors. The most I would do is 3 unless you have long nails. Then you can fit more!
- Clip a makeup sponge in a shape roughly the size of your largest fingernail. Liberally paint the polish on your sponge since it will soak it up.
- Apply the nail from the sponge to your nails. Do this as many times as it takes to you reach the opacity you like, reapplying the polish to the sponge each time. Just to warn you, it will make a huge mess! Clean up the edges using fingernail polish remover and a cotton swab.
- Apply a clear topcoat. This will not only protect the polish from chipping, but it evens out the texture from the sponge.
- All done!
I doubt you're all out wearing your Effie makeup from yesterday, but here's a way you can go out in public wearing Effie without ending up on People of Walmart.
I'm so ready for The Hunger Games to come out this weekend! Hence this crazy makeup tutorial for Effie Trinket. She's epitomizes the over-the-top looks of the Capitol and this is just one of her many fabulous looks from the movie.
A few notes on my video:
- I talk. A lot. I fast forwarded as much as I could but you can still tell how much I'm talking. Blah, blah, blah.
- I will never use the program I used to record this again. It's lame-o and jerky. I hate it but I wasn't about to record this look again.
- Why couldn't Vimeo offer me a decent screen shot for my still? This is as good as I could get.
- From watching this 5 million times in edit, I realize I sound like a valley girl. I apologize to everyone who has to listen to me speak on a regular basis.
I'm just dropping in today since I'm busy working on some tutorials. (Yea!) But I did want to take a little poll…
Which of these looks would you like to see a makeup tutorial on?
Comment with your choice!