I keep seeing "20 Things About Me" shared on Instagram. I think it's kind of a weird place to share so much text so I decided to post mine here.
1. I'm the youngest of 4 children…by 16 years. Yup! My sister was 16 when I was born, so I was raised like an only child, but with the advantage of siblings that I never fought with. Best of both worlds! And in case you're wondering, yes, I was planned.
2. I have 2 different colored eyes. One is blue, the other is blue with a strip of hazel. I learned in my college heredity class that heterochromia is caused by a deletion of color in my eye color gene. Who knew?
3. I am way better at dressing other people than I am at dressing myself. I'm not sure why. I think I look at other people more objectively than I view myself.
4. I was a copy editor in college and wrote my university's style guide. I mentally slap myself when someone finds an error in my posts.
5. My children are all 4 years apart. We didn't plan it that way, that's just how it worked out.
6. My husband is a foot taller than I am. He's 6'3" and I'm 5'3". I wear heals as much as possible when we're out together.
7. You'd never guess, but I used to be super shy around people I didn't know. I was so worried about what people thought of me, I had a hard time opening up.
8. I love cooking but hate cleaning up. And I can't cook when my kitchen is dirty. Thus, I don't cook very often. Poor family…
9. I can't wear contacts, which stinks for someone who loves to have fun with makeup. Instead I have 3 pairs of glasses that I rotate through in an effort to not get bored with my style.
10. I'm a voracious reader. I try not to read too much because once I start a book, I can't stop. It's an addiction.
11. I didn't see the ocean until I was 23. And I didn't swim in it until I was 28.
12. I'm an opera singer. I've never sung professionally since it's not conducive to being a stay-at-home-mom.
13. People always think that because I'm musical (I also play the piano) I must have a huge music collection. Nope. My husband is the music lover in the family.
14. I'm mildly obsessed with dressing up for Halloween. I try to involve copius amounts of makeup whenever possible.
15. My husband is the only guy I've kissed. Yup. Virgin lips until I met him!
16. I have seen every episode of Seinfeld multiple times. I have to fight myself from quoting because 90% of the time people have no idea what I'm talking about. "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
17. I didn't camp in a tent until after I was married. I definitely prefer a cabin, a bed, and running water!
18. I had one babysitting job growing up. I wasn't good with kids until I had my own. Must have something to do with #1 on this list…
19. I love throwing parties and wanted to be an event planner. I even talked my mom into letting me host a St. Patrick's Day party when I was in the 4th grade.
20. I took swimming lessons for 2 years, but still can't swim. I can't even tread water. But I can float on my back like nobody's business!
That's me in a nutshell! What about you? Are we "unique" in any of the same ways?